The Treasurer shall be a whole time officer of the University appointed by the Chancellor on the recommendation of the Government on such terms and conditions as the Chancellor may determine. The Treasurer shall–
- manage the property, the finances and the investments of the University;
- prepare the annual and revised budget estimates of the University and present them to the Finance and Planning Committee and the Syndicate
- ensure that the funds of the University are expended on the purposes for which they are provided
- perform such other duties as may be prescribed; and
- be the Secretary of the Finance and Planning Committee.