Discipline, Welfare Regulations & Code of Honour
Code of Honour
- All Mulism students must show, in words and in deeds, their full faith in Islam.
- All students must have faith in and respect for the Ideology of Pakistan.
- All students must, in matters of religion, respect the convictions of others.
- Every student is expected to:
- be Loyal to Pakistan;
- obey the law of the Land as well as the Rules and Regulations of the
University / College;
- maintain Law and Order as well as the dignity and prestige of the Alma
- have respect for morality and personal honour and rights of others;
- practice honesty and integrity in dealings with fellow students,
teachers and all others both on and off the Campus;
- help in protecting the life, dignity, honour and the property of the
University/College and that of the Academic/Administrative staff and fellow students;
- respect teachers, all elders and persons in authority in the
- be courteous and helpful to all;
- work hard and co-operate in completing the course of study within the prescribed period; and
- endeavour to positively contribute towards creating an atmosphere conducive to healthy academic pursuit.
Each affiliated College and University Teaching Department /
Institute / Constituent College and hostel should set up a Welfare Committee in order to be in touch with the students, to deal with their problems and look after their welfare in general. The composition of the Committee shall be as follows:
- Student Adviser of the College / Department / Institute, two teachers representing the teaching staff, President and Secretary of the student body of the College / Department / Institute. The Committee shall elect one of the teachers as its Chairman.
- Hall Secretary, Sports Secretary and Mess Manager to be elected by the Resident Officer / Officer Incharge of the hostel shall be ex-officio members of the Committee. The senior most officer shall be the
Chairman of the Committee.
- No student shall:
- utter, do, or propagate, anything repugnant to Islam within and outside the precincts of the University / College;
- say or do anything which might adversely affect the honour and prestige or Pakistan, or University and teachers and his educational institution;
- smoke in the Classroom, Laboratory, Workshop, Library and Examination Hall;
- form, or associate with, an Organization / Society / Club, or any other body, promoting caste distinctions and inciting parochial / linguistic / regional feeling;
- organize, or hold any function within the precincts of the University except in accordance with the prescribed Rules and Regulations;
- collect money or receive donations or pecuniary assistance for or on behalf of the University or any University Organization except with the written permission of the Syndicate;
- stage, incite, or participate in, a walkout, strike or any other form of agitation which might create or is likely to create law and order problem for the University and affect or is likely to affect its smooth functioning;
- indulge in immoral activities, use indecent language, wear immodest dress, make indecent remarks, jokes or gestures or behave in an improper manner;
- cause disturbance to others;
- disturb peace and tranquility of the Institution;
- keep or carry weapons, narcotics, immoral or submissive literature; and
- use insalutary or abusive language or resort to violence against a fellow student or employee of the University.
- Disciplinary action by the Principal of a constituent/affiliated College/Chairman of a University Teaching Department/Director of an Institute/Discipline Committee against the student/s may be taken in one or more of the following forms depending upon the severity of the offence:
- A written warning may be issued to the student/s concerned and a copy of the same may be displayed on the Notice Board;
- The matter may be reported to the parents/guardians and they may be requested to visit University / College if necessary;
- A student may be fined. The fine imposed shall have to be deposited with the Treasurer, under intimation to the Principal/Director/Chairman/College Office Secretary, Discipline Committee (constituted under statute 11) as the case may be;
- A student may be turned out of the class by the teacher concerned and be not permitted to attend the same course upto three periods at one time under intimation to the Principal/Chairman/Director;
- A student may be placed on probation for a fixed period not exceeding 3 months. If during the period of probation he fails to improve his conduct, he may be rusticated or expelled;
- A student may be suspended from the rolls of a college/ institute/ department, for a period not exceeding two weeks at a time, excluding the suspension, if any, not exceeding 10 days, at one time ordered by the Principal of the College / Director of the Institute / Chairman of the Department / Discipline Committee (constituted under statute 11) pending inquiry into the misconduct of the student/s; and
- A student may be rusticated, expelled or asked to withdraw from the College/Institute/Department, in the manner hereinafter mentioned.
- Regulations Relating to Rustication, Expulsion and Withdrawal.
- Rustication, whenever imposed on a College / University student, shall always mean the loss of one academic year in so far as his examinations are concerned. The period of absence from the College / University Teaching Department / Institute will, however, depend upon the time of the year when the penalty is imposed. The student under rustication may at the discretion of the Principal of the College / Chairman of a Department / Director of the Institute be permitted to rejoin the class in the same College / Department / Institute in the beginning of the next academic year;
- A student expelled from a College/University Teaching Department / Institute shall not be readmitted into the same College / Department / Institute or into another College / Department/Institute without the
approval of the Syndicate. Readmission, shall in no case be granted before the expiry of one academic year from the date of expulsion;
- Each College/Institute/Department shall constitute a Council to consider and decide the cases of expulsion, rustication and withdrawal of student/s. The Council shall consist of the Principal/Director/Chairman, of the College/Institute/Department and at least two senior members of the teaching staff to be nominated by the Principal/Director/Chairman. The Principal/Director/Chairman of the College/Institute/Department shall be Chairman of the Council who may pass such orders as he may deem fit. Other members shall act in an advisory capacity. The Principal/Director/Chairman shall communicate to the University the names of the members of the Council in the beginning of every academic year;
- In case of rustication and expulsion or withdrawal of a student of the University Department/Institute/College he may prefer an appeal with the Vice-Chancellor within 15 days of the date of the notification or rustication/expulsion or withdrawal. The Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to pass such orders as he may deem fit;
- Cases of indiscipline/disturbances, involving students from two or more Colleges/Insititutes/Departments of the University, shall be referred to the Discipline Committee (constituted under Statute 11 or the University of the Punjab Act 1973) by the Vice-Chancellor;
- The Discipline Committee shall have the power to take such decision as it deems fit on a case referred to it by the Vice-Chancellor, in accordance with the aforementioned Regulations provided that the student/s who has/have been rusticated/expelled or ordered to withdraw from the rolls of a University/College/Institute/Department he/they may prefer an appeal with the Vice-Chancellor within 15 days of the date of notification of rustication/ expulsion/ withdrawal, etc. The Vice- Chancellor shall have the powers to pass such orders as he may deem fit; and
- If a case of rustication/ expulsion/ withdrawal, is received by the Vice- Chancellor on the basis of an appeal it shall be brought to the notice of the Syndicate alongwith reasons for revising the original order.