1- The Academic Council shall consist of–
- The Vice Chancellor who shall be its Chairperson
- The Deans
- Two Principals of constituent colleges
- Two Principals [including at least one female Principal, if available] of affiliated colleges
- The Professors including Professors Emeritus
- Two Associate Professors, two Assistant Professors and two lecturers [out of whom at least two shall be women] to be elected from amongst themselves
- The Chairpersons of the Academic Departments
- Five persons [including at least two women] to be nominated by the Chancellor
- The Secretary to Government of the Punjab, Education Department or his nominee not below the rank of Additional Secretary
- The Executive District Officer (Education), Sargodha
- Two persons [including at least one woman] from the private sector to be nominated by the Chancellor
- Two experts [including at least one female expert] in the field of education to be nominated by the Chancellor
- The Registrar (Member/Secretary)
- The Controller of Examinations
- The Librarian
2-The members of the Academic Council, other than ex-officio members, shall hold office for three years, and if the office of any such member becomes vacant before the expiry of such terms, such vacancy shall be filled in the prescribed manner.
3- The quorum for a meeting of the Academic Council shall be one-third of the total number of members, a fraction being counted as one.
Powers and duties of the Academic Council:
1- Academic Council shall be the academic body of the University and shall, subject to the provisions of this Ordinance, the Statutes and the Regulations, have the powers to lay down proper standards of instruction, research, publication and examination and to regulate and promote the academic life of the University and affiliated colleges.
2-In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions and subject to the provisions of this Ordinance, the Statutes and the Regulations, the Academic Council shall have the powers to
- Advise the Syndicate on academic matters
- Regulate teaching, research and examinations
- Regulate the admission of students to the courses of studies and examinations of the University and affiliated colleges
- Regulate the award of studentships, scholarships, medals and prizes
- Regulate the conduct and discipline of students of the University and affiliated colleges
- Propose to the Syndicate schemes for the constitution and organization of faculties, institutes and other academic bodies
- Make Regulations on the recommendations of the Boards of Faculties and the Boards of Studies for consideration and approval of the Syndicate
- Propose for each academic year, on the recommendations of the Boards of Studies of the University, Regulations prescribing the courses of studies, the syllabi and the outlines of tests for all examinations; provided that, if the recommendations of the Board of Faculties or the Board of Studies are not received by the prescribed date, the Academic Council may, subject to the approval of the Syndicate permit such Regulations to continue for the following years
- Recognize the examinations of other Universities or examining bodies as equivalent to the corresponding examinations of the University
- Appoint members to the Authorities in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Members of the Academic Council (AC):
The list of the AC members has been updated and will be published soon.